What is the Contact Center of the Portuguese NHS, SNS 24?
SNS 24 is a telephone and online-service of the Portuguese National Health Service. It helps you when you need advice with acute, non-emergent health complaints. It also offers a set of services that allows you to solve health-related issues without having to go to your primary care unit or hospital.
What services does SNS 24 offer?
SNS 24 offers both clinical and non-clinical services. Clinical services are all provided by healthcare professionals – non-clinical services by administrative staff.
- Screening, counseling and referral in acute non-emergent disease
- Counseling about non-prescription medication
- Information about public health issues
- Information about and referral to specialized HIV, HBV, HCV care associated with point-of-care tests (Tests in pharmacies, laboratories or at home)
Non-clinical (administrative and information) services:
- Scheduling a primary care appointment at your primary care facility
- Support when using the personal area of the SNS 24 portal
- Information about Donation of Blood and Transplantation
- Information about oral health (Example: Dentist’s Check)
- Information about dental care providers in primary health care facilities
- Claim for exemption from “Moderation Fees” because of economic insufficiency
- Activation of “Surgery-Voucher” / Vale Cirurgia
Who works at SNS 24?
Our team is multidisciplinary. At SNS 24 there are doctors, nurses, pharmacists, computer and biomedical engineers, as well as management and administrative staff. They are available to help you 7 days a week, 24 hours a day (clinical services).
Are the services also available in English?
Yes, the services can all be accessed by phone in English. Dial 808 24 24 24 and choose option 9. They are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day (clinical services).
How much do the services cost?
The services are free. You only have to pay the costs your telecommunication provider charges for the call.